25 Jul Regis College Full-Time Job Opportunity!
Jesuit School of Theology in Canada
La Faculté Jésuite de Théologie au Canada
100 Wellesley Street West
Toronto ON M5S 2Z5
PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean and Admissions Assistant
Regis College is a Catholic, Jesuit school of theology, affiliated with the University of Toronto through the ecumenical Toronto School of Theology. Offering master’s and doctoral degrees, it aims to form women and men for ministry and service in the Church and society according to the charism and traditions of the Society of Jesus and insights of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola.
Purpose: Reporting to the Academic Dean, this full-time permanent position supports the Academic Dean in a variety of administrative and other tasks, handles student admissions in collaboration with the Registrar, supervises the Reception and Front Desk Assistants, and supports the College in a variety of ways, including IT and event support and ad hoc projects.
- Provide administrative support to the Academic Dean
- Support the Academic Dean with ad hoc research, writing, editing, and other projects
- In collaboration with the Registrar, coordinate the certificate and degree programs admissions process: receive and respond to program enquiries, guide applicants through the application process, receive application materials, submit application dossiers to the Admissions Committee for review, draft admission letters and other correspondences, communicate admissions conditions and next steps to students admitted conditionally
- Supervise Reception: monitor security cameras and coordinate door schedule with U of T Security and Access, train and supervise Front Desk Assistants and act as their backup, process incoming and outgoing mail, maintain classes and events schedule, monitor bulletin board, keep the buttery stocked and tidy, etc.
- Support faculty and staff with routine IT needs and troubleshooting, assist with AV needs
- Liaison with the U of T Help Desk and/or the College’s IT provider
- Support internal and external events with the Office of the President, Dean, and Registrar (this may require occasional evening or weekend presence at the College)
- In collaboration with the Registrar, coordinate applications and registration for continuing education programs
- Administer the online course evaluation process
- General office duties: monitor and restock printers, postage machine, and office supplies
- Sit on the College’s Health and Safety Committee
- Other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean
- Must have completed a university degree
- Proven success in providing effective and courteous frontline customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates integrity, initiative, flexibility, and professionalism
- Displays tact and confidentiality, especially in matters related to the access of student and faculty records
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Comfortable troubleshooting IT difficulties associated with general office equipment, classroom technology, and computers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and willing to learn institution-specific software
- Experience in an academic environment preferred
- Some knowledge of French preferred
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We anticipate August 30, 2021 as the start date for the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Regis College complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, and accommodations are needed, please inform us at that time.View PDF
July 23, 2021