13 Mar UPDATED March 17: Class Format Change and Event & Daily Mass Cancellations
In line with the University of Toronto’s precautionary measures against the spread of COVID-19, Regis College is suspending in-person classes for the rest of Winter Term effective Monday, March 16.
Classes will move to an online format, with the specifics of course delivery decided by each individual instructor. Please see your individual course QUERCUS pages for more information.
Additionally, the following events have been canceled or postponed:
- Windows on Theology – Ecological Wisdom (postponed until further notice; remaining 3 sessions will be rescheduled)
- Lay Presiders Workshop (March 14)
- Tafelmusik & Regis College ‘St. John Passion’ Reception (March 18)
- Lonergan Research Centre – The Roots of Beatitude: Theological Virtue in Aquinas, O’Donovan, and Lonergan (March 20)
- Encountering Hope Symposium (March 21)
- Women & Theology at Regis College (March 23)
- Conversations on “The Promise of Artificial Intelligence” (March 24)
- Basic Degree Workshop – Trauma and Pastoral Care (March 25)
- Student Council Meeting (April 1)
- “Finding God in the Mess” Retreat (April 25)
- Annual Royackers Lecture 2020 – Value and Faith in a Stratified World (May 7)
As of today (March 13) the following events are still scheduled to occur, but may be subject to change in future:
- Jesuit Priesthood Workshop (only open to Regis students belonging to the Society of Jesus) – April 18
- Daily Mass, Wednesday community Eucharist, and our Lenten Penance Service on March 18 are cancelled.
The Regis College library is closed effective Wednesday, March 18. There is no need to return your books at this time. All loans will be extended and no late fines charged.
Updates from the University of Toronto regarding COVID-19 can be found here: https://utoronto.ca/coronavirus
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by these cancellations, and hope you will join us in praying for all adversely affected by this pandemic using the words of Pope Francis: